A Day In Buyukada
Princes’ Islands are 9 islands in the Marmara Sea, technically still part of Istanbul and only 4 of the islands are open to the public and can be reached by the public ferries.
Büyükada is the largest of Istanbul’s nine Princes’ Islands. Reaching to Buyukada is quite easy from both Asian and European sides of Istanbul. There are many scheduled ferries which takes you to the island from 30 minutes to 1,5 hours.
What to do in Buyukada?
- No cars are allowed on the island. Which leaves three ways of getting around: your feet, bicycles you can rent, and the most famous, horse-drawn carriages.
- Visit the St George’s Monastery after climbing up the steep cobblestone path — on foot or by hiring a donkey to do the legwork for you.
- Relax on one of the private beaches and enjoy the beautiful sea
- Enjoy a dinner or lunch in one of the traditional fish restaurants on waterfront.
- Try the delicious turkish ice cream in one of the cafes in the town center vefore taking the ferry back to Istanbul